Tuesday, January 27, 2009

final: Emotional Psychology






















My photographs represent the emotion that can be found in a psychological matter. Therefore, I titled my pieces according to the moods that people feel and relate to in everyday life. I hope to earn a degree in psychology and thought that this would be way to incorporate “me” into my artwork. Each photograph was taken in a similar setting as a way for me to unify my exhibit. I also used color to symbolize what each picture meant to me. My editing simply consisted of color balancing, heightening contrast, and fixing any apparent blemishes. My piece titled “Intimacy” portrays the way many people long for something or someone. The pink necklace is a subtle version of obvious color symbolism. In “Repression” I really wanted to emphasize the built up feelings that are kept inside of a person. My model is struggling to express her feelings, but also wants to let go of them. “Narcissism” is arrogance taken to the next level, and can be a big problem in the lives of some. When self-love and the lack of consideration of others are combined, a person starts to become unhappy with who they truly are. My photograph representing “Altruism” gives off daring vibes. Without even measuring consequences, one may not see the dangers they can put themselves in. Finally, “Ambiguity” reflects the way that decisions play into one’s life. Choices are made everyday and uncertainty is often tied in with one’s anxieties. I am mostly pleased with my work and I hope you can relate to what you have seen, if not formed your own interpretation!
Thanks to models: Michael S, Ashley B, Lenny J, Haley FM, Greg N

No comments: